Headquarters of: Clouditalia (acquired Eutelia in 2012), Banca Etruria, Aruba.
Birthplace of: Guido of Arezzo, Francesco Petrarca, Pietro Aretino, Giorgio Vasari, Piero della Francesca (in nearby town Borgo Sansepolcro), Michelangelo Buonarroti (in nearby Caprese village), Masaccio (in nearby San Giovanni Valdarno).
Famous for: jewellery, Medieval towers, Piazza Grande, the Cathedral, the Saracen Joust, Church of Saint Francis of Assisi, Arezzo Wave festival.
Leading political party: Partito democratico (PD).
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||48|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014