Headquarters of: Italcementi, UBI, Credito Bergamasco, Brembo (in nearby Curno), Dalmine (in nearby Dalmine), Foppa Pedretti (in nearby Grumello del Monte), Cartiere Paolo Pigna (in nearby Alzano Lombardo).
Birthplace of: Gaetano Donizetti, Giacomo Manzù, Walter Bonatti, Nicola Trussardi, Ermanno Olmi, Roberto Calderoli, Giovan Battista Moroni (in nearby Albino), Pope John XXIII (in nearby Sotto il Monte).
Famous for: the Upper city, the Cappella Colleoni, the Donizetti Theatre, the Accademia Carrara.
Leading political party: PD.
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||37|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014