Headquarters of: Bennet (in nearby Montano Lucino), B&B Italia (in nearby Novedrate, administrative headquarters), Miele Ambrosoli (in nearby Ronago), Artsana (in nearby Grandate), Dell'Orto (in nearby Cabiate).
Birthplace of: Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger, Alessandro Volta, Antonio Sant'Elia, Giuseppe Terragni, Corrado Passera.
Famous for: Lake Como, the Basilica of Sant'Abbondio, the Villa Olmo.
Leading political party: PD.
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||62|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014