Headquarters of: Sperlari, Auricchio, Arvedi, Banca Popolare di Cremona.
Birthplace of: Sofonisba Anguissola, Andrea and Nicola Amati, Giuseppe Guarneri, Antonio Stradivari, Tarquinio Merula, Claudio Monteverdi, Ugo Tognazzi, Amilcare Ponchielli (in nearby Paderno Fasolaro, now Paderno Ponchielli).
Famous for: the musical instruments manufacturers, such as Amati, Guarneri and Stradivari, the Mostarda cremonese, the Duomo, the Ponchielli Theatre. Leading political party: PD.
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||79|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014