Headquarters of: Ferrero (in nearby Alba), Miroglio (in nearby Alba), Mondo (in nearby Alba), Venchi (in nearby Castelletto Stura), Maina (in nearby Fossano), Balocco (in nearby Fossano).
Birthplace of: Giovanni Battista, Matteo and Ernesto Ceirano, Nuto Revelli, Alviero Martini, Santorre di Santarosa (in nearby Savigliano), Michele Ferrero (in nearby Dogliani).
Famous for: the Cuneesi al rhum chocolates, the Langhe area.
Leading political party: a civic coalition won the 2012 city council elections. UdC was the most voted party.
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||117|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014