Headquarters of: industries of limestone, ceramics, oils and wine.
Birthplace of: Aldo Moro, prime minister, politician assassinated by Red Brigades in 1978; Antonio Conte, coach of Italian national football team. Famous for: lovely beaches, Baroque architecture (is called "The Florence of the South"), the Basilica di Santa Croce, Piazza Sant'Oronzo, Basilica of Santa Croce, Roman Amphitheater.
Leading political party: Partito Democratico (PD).
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||54|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014