Headquarters of: Cartiera Burgo; Corneliani; Sogefi.
Birthplace of: Roman poet Virgil; Pope Pius X.
Famous for: salami; town where Shakespeare's Romeo was banished; previously Sabionetta, unusual model town planned by Vespasiano I Gonzaga in 16th century; Gazzetta di Mantova said to be Italy's oldest daily newspaper.
Leading political party: Democratic Party.
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||156|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014