Headquarters of: major Mediterranean port; Vulcanair; shipbuilding; San Marzano tomatoes; Gragnano wine; cheese; Alfa Romeo factory (Pomigliano d'Arco).
Birthplace of: Giordano Bruno (Nola); Enrico Caruso; Gian Lorenzo Bernini; Sofia Loren; Toto'; Giuseppe Patroni Griffi; Paolo Sorrentino.
Famous for: pizza and macaroni, struffoli, casatiello, Neapolitan stockfish, garbage strikes. It is also famous for Mount Vesuvius, Bay of Naples; Napoli soccer club: NATO Allied Joint Force Command; oldest European state university Federico II.
Leading political party: Left-wing political party supported by numerous civic list.
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||3|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014