Headquarters of: Barilla, Cariparma, Parmacotto, Chiesi Farmaceutici, Guru, Parmalat (in nearby Collecchio), Coccinelle (in nearby Sala Baganza), Pinko (in nearby Fidenza).
Birthplace of: Il Parmigianino, Arturo Toscanini, Bernardo Bertolucci, Pietro Barilla, Giuseppe Verdi (in nearby Le Roncole).
Famous for: the Cathedral, the Battistero, the Palazzo della Pilotta, Parmesan cheese, Parma ham.
Leading political party: Movimento 5 Stelle.
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||19|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014