Headquarters of: Construction company CMC, former Enichem chemical plant, Marcegaglia's biggest steel plant.
Birthplace of: former motorcycling champion Marco Melandri.
Famous for: Byzantine mosaics, Dante Alighieri's tomb, stuffed squared pasta with soup "Spoja lorda".
Leading political party: centre-left Democratic Party.
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||25|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014