Headquarters of: Cassa di Risparmio di Ascoli Piceno (Intesa Sanpaolo group).
Birthplace of: Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus, Cecco d'Ascoli, Valentino Bompiani; Osvaldo Licini (in nearby town of Monte Vidon Corrado).
Famous for: Piazza del Popolo, Forte Malatesta, Caffè Meletti, joustling tournament Giostra della Quintana, majolica, olives ascolana style.
Leading political party: a center-right coalition won the 2014 city council elections. Partito Democratico (PD), however, was the most voted party.
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||146|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014