Headquarters of: Assicurazioni Generali, Banca Generali, AcegasAps, Illy Caffe.
Birthplace of: Italo Svevo, Margherita Hack, Umberto Saba, Duilio Loi, Susanna Tamaro, Ferruccio Valcareggi, Francesco Illy.
Famous for: Unita d'Italia square; Duino Castle; historic cafes; local cuisine based on fish from the lagoon around Grado, bora wind.
Leading political party: Partito Democratico (PD) democratic party center-left
|Ranking of the city in terms of population||15|
Source: Istat, 2013
1) Wealth Gdp per capita EUR/year, 2014
3) Consumption Per capita expenditure in cars,
motorbikes and electronics EUR/year, 2014
7) Bank deposits Bank deposits per capita EUR
9) Entrepreneurship Registered companies per 100 inhabitants
2) Unemployment Unemployment rate
4) Justice system Ratio of judgements per pending/new cases
in 2014 x 100
6) ICT diffusion Broadband coverage (% of population)
8) Youth Share of population under the age of 30
10) Education N. of graduates every 1,000 people aged
between 25 and 30 in 2014